Dryer Fire in Beckley?
SERVPRO® of Beckley responds to fire damage emergencies throughout the year Beckley, and in many cases, these fires may have been prevented by performing some routine maintenance. The National Fire Protection Association reports that the leading cause of clothes dryer fires is the failure to clean them.
Here are some dryer safety tips from the NFPA:
- Dryers should be properly grounded
- Check the outdoor vent flap to make sure it is not covered by snow
- Keep the area around your dryer clear of things that can burn, like boxes, cleaning supplies and clothing, etc.
- Clothes that have come in contact with flammable substances, like gasoline, paint thinner, or similar solvents should be laid outside to dry, they can be washed and dried as usual
- Have your dryer installed and serviced by a professional
- Do not use the dryer without a lint filter
- Make sure you clean the lint filter before or after each load of laundry
- Remove lint that has collected around the drum
- Make sure the right plug and outlet are used and that the machine is connected properly
- Follow the manufacturer’s operating instructions and don’t overload your dryer
- Turn the dryer off if you leave home or when you go to bed
Call Us Today!
Call us today at 304-253-6633.
SERVPRO of Beckley is Independently Owned and Operated.