Mold Removal vs. Mold Remediation in Beckley
SERVPRO of Beckley shares the differences in mold removal and mold remediation. Understanding that microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere naturally, helps us to know we need to remediate mold instead of removing mold as removing mold is nearly impossible.
Mold, once exposed to moisture, can begin growing into colonies within 48 hours. Moisture sources that help mold grow include windows, air conditioning/heating units, leaks, pets, and even clothing materials. SERVPRO of Beckley has these tips to offer about mold remediation:
- First, protect yourself by ventilating the area where mold is present
- Wear protective gear such as gloves, a mask, and eye protection
- Throw out whatever mold has destroyed, if you can do so safely
- Identify materials that have been exposed to moisture for over 24-48 hours
- Keep humidity at 40% or higher
- Ultimately, let SERVPRO of Beckley in Beckley remediate the mold safely and get your home or business back to normal. While we cannot prevent mold from happening, we can remediate the damage making it “Like it never even happened.”
An Important Note:
By law, only licensed professionals can remediate large areas. A “large area” is 10 square feet or more per the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA.)
SERVPRO of Beckley is Independently Owned and Operated.