Your Dreams Don’t Have to Go Up in Smoke. Call SERVPRO of Beckley.
You can’t predict a house fire, but you can predict who is going to do the best cleanup and restoration job when you need it. At SERVPRO® of Beckley, we’re committed to making your disaster “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Beckley
According to the United States Fire Administration (USFA), residential fires are sadly common. Their latest national three-year study found an average of:
- 368,500 fires per year
- 1 billion dollars in property loss
- The leading cause (51%) was from a cooking
- Fires were more severe when they were uncontained (not in a pot or an oven, for example)
- 21% of nonconfined fires started in the kitchen
- 93% of kitchen fires were confined
- In 50% of the fires, the uncontained fires extended beyond the room of origin
If any part of your home is charred by fire or smoke damage, call the franchise professionals at SERVPRO of Beckley.
Call us at 304-253-6633.
- On-call for emergency response 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year
- Franchise professionals
- IICRC certified (check out the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification at their website)
- Well trained and experienced
- Motivated to help our neighbors
- Committed to updating our education to be current on the latest techniques and regulations
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
Damage from Fire Maybe Multi-Faceted
When a fire blazes through a room, the damage can be surprisingly extensive and varied.
- It is extensive because smoke travels far from the original flames, no matter how well contained the blaze
- If there is water damage (see below), the water will travel to its lowest points as well to whichever materials absorb it
It is varied because:
- Smoke particles have different effects on the materials they land upon
- Different materials react differently to the flames themselves (melt vs. burn, for example)
- The heat can cause pipes to burst, causing water damage
- If sewage pipes burst, there will be biohazardous waste in addition to the water damage
- Even if the water starts out clean, it will not stay clean if the surfaces are dirty (including smoke damage, debris from outside)
- If there is excess water for over 24 to 48 hours, that is enough time for mold to develop and grow
At SERVPRO of Beckley, we have the experience, the training, and the equipment to take care of all the problems.
Count on us to:
- Clean and disinfect carpets, other floorings, upholstery, other floorings, etc.
- Dry the structure and belongings
- Restore the structure and belongings from water damage
See our website for details (or call us!)
Favorite Movie Quotes:
“You talking to me?” from Taxi Driver (1976)
One of us has a cat that says that to thunderstorms.
SERVPRO of Beckley