Stormwater Damage Prevention Tips for Beckley Residents?
Our local team in Beckley has been restoring storm damage in Raleigh County for over thirty years! If you have a flooding emergency, here are some steps from our website for things you can and should not do while waiting for professional help to arrive:
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place
- Gather loose items from floors
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpets or floors
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water
- Don’t use television or other household appliances
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging
Call Us Today!
When you have storm damage in your home or commercial business, our local team in Beckley can help. We’ll restore your storm damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 304-253-6633.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.