How Can I Protect My Building in Beckley From Water Intrusion Problems?
Our local team in Beckley responds to more water damage emergencies than any other form of commercial property damage each year in the Beckley area. Here are some tips for protecting your business from water intrusion from the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety:
Inspect and clean the roof drainage system
- Do this at least twice a year, ideally during spring and fall. This includes all gutters, interior drains, and scuppers.
Trim trees, remove debris, inspect roof drains and make repairs as needed. Re-check drainage systems often.
Check for water
- Check for long-term standing water in gutters and correct any blockages. If there are no blockages but standing water still occurs, ensure the gutter is properly sloped to the downspout.
Check the slope of the roof cover system
- For low-slope roofs, ensure the slope of the roof cover system and the insulation boards divert water to internal drains when present or to the edge of the roof. Long-term standing water is an indication of an improper slope.
- Ensure downspouts funnel water away from the building and do not allow water to accumulate near the building’s perimeter.
- When replacing gutters, consider larger-sized gutters which allow for greater flow.
Call Us Today!
When your business or home in Beckley has water damage, our local team in Beckley is on-call and ready to assist you 24-hours a day. Call us today at 304-253-6633.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.