Snow Storm in Beckley?
The National Weather Service reports that from January 27 to 28, 1998, 25.5 inches of snow fell. Roads became impassable and power outages occurred. People were stranded in their cars and stuck on roads for hours. SERVPRO® of Beckley responds to storm damage emergencies every year and offer these tips from the American Red Cross on things you should have on hand in a survival kit:
- Water: one gallon per person, per day (3-day supply for evacuation, 2-week supply for home)
- Food: non-perishable, easy-to-prepare items (3-day supply for evacuation, 2-week supply for home)
- Battery-powered or hand-crank radio(NOAA Weather Radio, if possible)
- Extra batteries
- Deluxe family first aid kit
- Medications (7-day supply) and medical items
- Multi-purpose tool
- Sanitation and personal hygiene items
- Copies of personal documents (medication list and pertinent medical information, proof of address, deed/lease to home, passports, birth certificates, insurance policies)
- Cell phone with chargers (Similar item available in the Red Cross Store)
- Family and emergency contact information
- Extra cash
- Emergency blanket
- Maps of the area
When your Beckley home or commercial business needs storm damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Beckley’s technicians has the advanced training, equipment, and experience to mitigate and restore storm damage quickly and efficiently. Call us today at 304-253-6633.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.