Electrical Fire in Glen Daniel?
SERVPRO® of Beckley responds to fire damage emergencies often during the winter months. Here are some electrical safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association to keep Glen Daniel residents safe from electrical fires:
- Have all electrical work done by a qualified electrician
- Only use one heat-producing appliance plugged into a receptacle outlet at a time
- Devices and appliances should be plugged directly into a wall receptacle outlet. Do not use extension cords and plug strips.
- Arc-fault circuit interrupters (AFCIs) shut off electricity when a dangerous condition occurs. Consider having them installed in your home.
- Use ground-fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) to reduce the risk of shock. GFCIs shut off an electrical circuit when it becomes a shock hazard. They should be installed inside the home in bathrooms, kitchens, garages, and basements. All outdoor receptacles should be GFCI protected.
- Test AFCIs and GFCIs once a month according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Check electrical cords to make sure they are not running across doorways or under carpets. Extension cords are intended for temporary use. Have a qualified electrician add more receptacle outlets, so you don’t have to use extension cords.
Call Us Today!
Franchises are independently owned and operated.