Leaking Plumbing System in Beckley Home?
SERVPRO® of Beckley responds to water damage emergencies 24-hours a day in Beckley. With some preventative maintenance and routine inspection, some water damage emergencies may be prevented. The Insurance Information Institute offers these helpful tips for inspecting your indoor plumbing systems.
- Inspect appliance hoses and faucets. Every year, check hoses leading to water heaters, dishwashers, washing machines, and refrigerator ice makers. Immediately replace any hoses that have cracks or leaks and replace them all every five to seven years.
- Inspect showers and tubs.Check the seal and caulking around showers and tubs to make sure they are watertight and reseal if necessary.
- When away on vacation, shut off the water supply to the washing machine.Never leave the house while the washer or dishwasher is running.
- Install an emergency pressure release valve in your plumbing system. This will protect against the increased pressure caused by freezing pipes and can help prevent your pipes from bursting.
- Know the location of the main water shut-off valve in your home. A damaged hose or a burst pipe can send water racing into your home. Being able to locate and shut off the main water supply quickly will save stress, money, and time.
- Check plumbing and heating pipes. Look closely for cracks and leaks and have any necessary repairs made immediately.
Call Us Today!
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.