Supply Line Failure in Shady Spring?
SERVPRO® of Beckley responds to water damage emergencies throughout the year in Shady Spring and we know that water can cause severe damage and time-consuming repairs if the water damage is left untreated too long. Here are some refrigerator loss prevention and maintenance tips from the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety (IBHS):
Proper installation of the ice maker supply line hose is important to avoiding water damage.
- Tightly connect the hose to the valve, and avoid over-tightening
- Ensure the valve connection is secure and check for kinks
- Inspect the hose every six months
- If kinks are present, replace the hose
- Leave a three-to-four-inch space between the back of the refrigerator and the wall to prevent the hose from crimping
- When pulling the refrigerator out for cleaning or service, avoid getting the hose caught beneath the wheel
- Locate the water shut-off valve
- Inspect the valve every six months to make sure the water supply will shut off, and replace the valve if needed
When your home or commercial business needs water damage restoration services in Shady Spring, SERVPRO® of Beckley has a team of highly trained and certified restoration technicians available 24-hours a day to respond to your call. Call us today at 304-253-6633.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.