Wildfire Risk Reduction Safety Tips for Beckley?
Wildfire Season is Coming to Beckley
The City of Beckley Fire Prevention Department provides public education for local businesses and citizens of the Beckley community. Some of the services they offer include fire extinguisher training, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training, and fire safety education. As we get into warmer weather, wildfires become a greater risk and SERVPRO® of Beckley offer these wildfire risk reduction safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association to help make your home and neighborhood safer:
Action Items to Improve Your Home’s Survivability
- REMOVE leaves, pine needles, and other flammable material from the roof, gutters, and on and under the deck to help prevent embers from igniting your home
- SCREEN areas below decks and porches with 1/8-inch wire mesh to help prevent material from accumulating underneath
- COVER exterior attic and soffit vents with 1/8-inch wire mesh to help prevent sparks from entering your home
- ENCLOSE eaves to help prevent ember entry
- INSPECT shingles or roof tiles
- REPLACE missing shingles or tiles
- COVER ends of tiles with bird stops or cement to help prevent ember penetration during a wildfire
SERVPRO® of Beckley has a team of highly trained fire restoration technicians on-call 24-hours a day to respond to fire damage emergencies in Beckley. Call us today at 304-253-6633. We’ll clean and restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Beckley is Independently Owned and Operated.