Storm-damage in Shady Spring?
Storms Happen in Raleigh County
Winter weather can bring snow and rain to Shady Springs and the rest of Raleigh County, and in many instances, this can happen on the same day! SERVPRO® of Beckley has a team of highly trained technicians on-call 24-hours a day to respond to your call for help. Here are some tips from our website on what to do while waiting for help to arrive:
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
SERVPRO of Beckley is Independently Owned and Operated.