Space Heater Fire in Pineville?
Many West Virginians use space heaters to take the chill out of a cold room during the winter months, but according to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), space heater fires were responsible for 43 percent of home heater fires in the United States between 2011 and 2015.
SERVPRO® of Beckley responds to fire damage emergencies in Pineville, and offers these tips from the NFPA on portable heater safety:
- Purchase a heater with the seal of a qualified testing laboratory.
- Keep the heater at least 3 feet away from anything that can burn, including people.
- Choose a heater with a thermostat and overheat protection.
- Place the heater on a solid, flat surface.
- Make sure your heater has an auto shut-off to turn the heater off if it tips over.
- Keep space heaters out of the way of foot traffic. Never block an exit.
- Keep children away from the space heater.
- Plug the heater directly into the wall outlet. Never use an extension cord.
- Space heaters should be turned off and unplugged when you leave the room or go to bed.
Call Us Today!
When your home or business has a fire damage emergency, SERVPRO® Beckley has a team of restoration technicians on call 24 hours a day to respond to your call. We can usually arrive within four hours and immediately begin the cleanup and restoration process. Call us today at 304-253-6633. We’ll restore your property damage in Pineville, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Beckley is Independently Owned and Operated.