Storm Threatening Beckley?
Severe Weather Happens
Severe weather and flooding are familiar weather scenarios for the residents and business owners of Glen Daniel. February 2020 brought heavy rains, flooding, and hazardous conditions to many areas of the state, causing some residents to evacuate due to high water. SERVPRO® of Beckley responds to storm damage emergency calls throughout the year, and we see firsthand the damage high winds and heavy rains can cause.
Here are some tips from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) on things you can do while waiting for help to arrive in the event you are under a flood warning:
IF YOU ARE UNDER A FLOOD WARNING, FIND SAFE SHELTER RIGHT AWAY
- Do not walk, swim or drive through flood waters. Turn Around, Don’t Drown!
- Just six inches of moving water can knock you down, and one foot of moving water can sweep your vehicle away.
- Stay off of bridges over fast-moving water.
- Depending on the type of flooding:
- Evacuate if told to do so.
- Move to higher ground or a higher floor.
- Stay where you are.
When you need help with a storm damage emergency, SERVPRO® of Beckley is Here to Help. ® Our storm damage restoration technicians are on call 24 hours a day to respond to any size storm damage emergency. Call us today at 304-253-6633. We’ll restore your storm damage in Glen Daniel, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Beckley is Independently Owned and Operated.