Electrical Cord Fire in Beckley?
Electrical fires happen more often during the winter months than any other time of the year. SERVPRO® of Beckley responds to fire damage emergencies often and although there are many causes for electrical fires, many may be prevented by routinely inspecting your home for visible and hidden electrical hazards.
Here are some tips from The National Fire Protection Association to prevent electrical fires in your home this winter:
- Check electrical cords to make sure the wires are not damaged, cracked or loose. If the cords need to be repaired, take the item to a professional repair shop, hire an electrician or replace with a new item.
- Make sure cords are not running across doorways or under carpets. If they are, have a qualified electrician install more outlets.
- Keep children away from electric cords and outlets. Cords placed in the mouth can cause a burn and objects placed in a receptacle can cause a shock, burns or electrocution.
- Make sure that all receptacle outlets and switches have faceplates.
- Never put more than one plug in each receptacle. An outlet may have one or more receptacles — one to receive each plug.
You can rely on SERVPRO® of Beckley to restore fire damage quickly and efficiently. We have a team of fire restoration technicians on call 24 hours a day to respond to any size fire damage emergency. Call us today at 304-253-6633. We’ll restore your fire damage in Beckley, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Beckley is Independently Owned and Operated.