Air conditioning unit catches fire at a Hotel in Lewisburg,WV
Because of quick action and having a fire extinguisher readily available, damage was minimal when an air conditioner caught fire in a hotel room. Water did not have to be used to extinguish the flames making the cleanup take less time than if water damage had been involved.
During the summer this hotel is fully booked and the room needed to be ready as soon as possible. The manager needed us there fast! SERVPRO of Beckley arrived in less than 3 hours to begin cleanup.
The exact cause of what caused the malfunction is unknown but it comes down to either a mechanical or electrical failure. These units are maintained by a professional but it was in the heat of summer. The unit worked 24 hours a day, seven days a week and may have overheated.