If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (304) 253-6633

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Fire Clean up in Bluefield WV

11/12/2018 (Permalink)

Damage caused by a grease fire in a kitchen

This fire was caused by grease that became overheated in a cast iron skillet.  The stove and range hood were damaged and cabinets can be cleaned and refinished. The home received minimal damage because the cook was knowable enough to quickly extinguish the fire by covering the flames with a metal lid.

Use the following actions if you are ever faced with a grease fire:

  1. Turn of the Burner – DO NOT move the pan (the fire can spread )
  2. Cover the flames with a metal lid or baking sheet
  3. Douse with baking SODA or Salt – NEVER use flour or baking POWDER
  4. Use a Fire extinguisher (Class K)
  5. Call 911 and get out of the house shutting doors as you leave.

Click the link to see more detail about extinguishing grease fire  


Other News

View Recent Posts